The more you know about dental emergencies, the better. In fact, the more you know, the better chance you have of handling the situation and properly caring for the smile. So, our dentist, Dr. Greg Sefcik, encourages you to test your dental emergency knowledge (and maybe learn something new) by taking the following dental emergency test:
1. True or False: It’s important to keep a tooth alive when you knock it out of place. To keep it alive, you can place it in a cup of milk.
2. True or False: If you suffer a knocked-out tooth, you don’t need to schedule an appointment. Just wait till your next checkup to discuss it with your dentist.
3. True or False: If you break a tooth, it’s best to gather the pieces of the tooth and take them into your emergency dental appointment.
4. True or False: If you suffer severe dental pain, it’s not a dental emergency. Just ignore it.
5. True or False: If you have a loose tooth, there is no need to worry or schedule an appointment. Adults have loose teeth often.
2. B (You should schedule an emergency appointment immediately to increase your chances of saving the tooth)
4. B (It is a dental emergency and you should schedule an appointment quickly)
5. B (Loose teeth are not common and they are considered an emergency. Schedule an appointment as soon as possible)
To learn more about dental emergencies in Northglenn, Colorado, please contact Denali Dental when you have the chance. All you need to do is dial 303-254-4444 and our dental team will be thrilled to give you the answers and information you’re looking for!